Position: Irrigation Technician
Rogue Valley, Oregon
Bumgardners Landscape is a local family owned and operated business in the Rogue Valley. For over 20 years we have focused on maintaining good relationships. We take pride in the personal service and choice we deliver.
We are dedicated to bringing in people who will join us to deliver an exceptional customer experience, while providing you with a career path to do so.
This is a position for someone who has knowledge and experience in landscape maintenance. Landscape Maintenance Leaders are responsible for managing all aspects of the job, interacting with clients, and supervising crewmembers.
An Irrigation Technician is responsible to monitor, service, and repair irrigation systems, and perform other landscape maintenance services when irrigation season slows. This position requires 3+ years of irrigation repair experience and to have a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to communicate in English, both written and verbally
- Cost effective decision making
- Knowledge of all irrigation systems and products
- Knowledge of remote irrigation system management
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve automatic sprinkler systems
- Understanding of water saving techniques and technologies
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Office applications, and other relevant computer programs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Education and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in irrigation repair and installation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license with clear record
- Evaluate irrigation systems
- Renovate, troubleshoot and repair irrigation systems
- Provide suggestions and pricing to management to upgrade irrigation systems
- Perform spring turn-ons and winterizations
- Program irrigation controllers both in the field and remotely
- Stock service vehicle with proper parts and tools in an organized manner
- Must maintain a state driver’s license and meet company guidelines for driver eligibility
- Properly complete paperwork on work performed in a timely manner
- Regular attendance
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Complete time cards and service reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift 50 pounds, regularly
- Stand, walk, lift, and bend entire shift
- Operate power equipment safely and effectively during entire shift
- Climb/step in/out of truck bed
- Driving vehicle to and from job sites entire shift
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials entire shift
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Mobilize and drive company vehicles to customer sites during entire shift
- Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls
- Peak season 40 hours per week. Additional hours and weekends may be required. In winter, hours and shifts vary.
- Work independently
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.